
Okay, it hasn't even been a week since I've been without Alex and I'm already dying. That can't be healthy. I'm kind of like the insecure child in Mary Ainsworth's Strange Situation (where children are left without their parents in a variety of situations and catalogued by their reactions). I need my mommy!
Sorry Alex, that wasn't demeaning, was it? Tú es mi papí, mi amor, mi cielo, mi corazón, mi vida!!! And I miss you like hell. Every day that goes by, I consider myself more and more of a martyr for dealing with the distance. Minus being dead and all. I never would have tagged myself as a long distance relationship person. I never thought I could make it work. And, yeah, it's fucking hard, but not impossible. I think we're pretty amazing.
Just like last week was amazing. I can't believe it passed by so quickly. I should have known. The best moments were lying in bed together, cuddling like an old married couple. My bed now feels so empty, so huge. There's too much room for me to sleep alone.
I also dyed my hair last week. Jess and KC helped me, thank god. I'm not sure I could have done it on my own. Here are the before/afters...
BEFORE

AFTER

I should have done one of those TV commercial mugshots where the before/afters are in the same clothes in the same position. But exact replications are a little harder when the first is taken in a restaurant on St. Patty's day...you know? Of course I had to put Alex in both of my shots, because what would last week have been without him?
Oh dear. One more month.

1 comment:
Just wanted to say thanks for liking the picture of the egg. Matthew wrote back and said he liked the art work. So I don't feel bad.
I think that painting is missing a "spark" and I will try to rectify that.
Post a Comment